Studio J

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Use up those leftovers




This one uses felt shapes, ribbon and a fancy metal brad. All left over from scrapbook pages and other projects!

The back or base of each barrette is a piece of cardstock punched with the new 2 1/4" scalloped circle punch. I added the embellishments on top with a hot glue gun and on the back I glued a clip from the hair salon store. Before gluing on the clip I add a piece of ribbon inside the clip to prevent the extra glue from permanently closing the clip (it also adds a little traction for your hair!) If you want a more finished look you can layer the ribbon ALL the way around the top of the clip too but it isn't necessary if you use it as a hair clip.


These are made ENTIRELY of paper and I will post later with a short tutorial on how to make these.


Big pink and white flowers and a single button with a single gem inside.
More big flowers a button some pink pom pom ribbon and a few sparkles.
For this one I folded the flowers in half and glued them down then scrunched the ribbon by pulling the thread on one side before shaping it into the circle. I added a couple of "parentheses" shaped felts that are folded in half to look like leaves.
The red flowers are from the collection that has tulip and creme brule colored flowers and butterflies. I added felt leaves and opaque gems.
This has a fabric brad a bit of ribbon and paper and felt flowers.
Big white flower on bottom then ribbon folds then pink flower topped off with a chipboard button and a white clip. I used a tiny gem to cover the button hole!
This is the cardstock base covered with the hearts I had left over from the rosette ribbon in the pink ribbon collection. I scrunched them up and glued them down. The pink pom pom ribbon just jazzes it up a touch.
I got this idea from the Scrabooks, Etc. magazine. Just thought it was cute!
On this one I used more white flowers and added some blue to the flowers with a marker (heavenly blue) I sprayed the flowers with the spray pen filled with water to blend the color. The brads are fabric and glitter.
Here is one of the creme brule butterflies! felt and paper flowers.
All the paper flowers were folded in 1/2 before I glued them down for this one! Then I added another one of the ribbon hearts.
Same as above with pom pom ribbon all rolled up in the center.
Ribbon base then flowers, make sure that you insert the brad BEFORE you glue the flower down. ;)
Just to get an idea of the sizes.
Simple and sweet.
Lots of sparkles.

This one is made with Big Pinks and Pink Pom Pom Ribbon (from the new Pink Ribbon Collection). I also added a schmear of glitz glitter glue to the center because everything can use a little glitter!


I hope this all inspires you to use up your scraps! (This is just a fun way to spring clean.)

Happy Scrappin'

No comments:

Post a Comment